02
20.
I cannot choose the best. The best chooses me.
我不能選擇那最好的。是那最好的選擇了我。
21.
They throw their shadows before them who carry their lantern on their back.
那些背著燈的人,他們的影子投到了前麵。
22.
That I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life.
我的存在,是一個永恒的驚奇,這就是人生。
23.
“We, the rustling leaves, have a voice that answers the storms, but who are you so silent?”
“I am a mere flower.”
“我們,簌簌的樹葉,都應和著暴風雪。而你又是誰,如此沉默著?”
“我隻是一朵花。”
24.
Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to the eyes.
休憩之於工作,正如眼瞼之於眼睛。
25.
Man is a born child, his power is the power of growth.
人是一個初生的孩子,成長是他的力量。
26.
God expects answers for the flowers he sends us, not for the sun and the earth.
神企盼著我們的回答,乃是因為他送給了我們花朵,而不是陽光和大地。
27.
The light that plays, like a naked child, among the green leaves happily know not that man can lie.
光明遊玩於綠葉叢中,好似一個**的孩子,不知道人是可以撒謊的。
28.
O beauty, find thyself in love, not in the flattery of thy mirror.
美啊,在愛中尋找你自己吧,別到你鏡子的恭維裏去尋覓。
29.
My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon it her signature in tears with the words, “I love thee.”
在世界之岸,我的心隨著她的漣漪搏動,我用熱淚寫就了她的名字:“我愛你。 ”
30.
“Moon, for what do you wait?”
“To salute the sun for whom I must make way.”
“月兒啊,你在等候什麽?”
“等待向太陽致敬,因為我得給它讓路。”
31.
The trees come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.
綠樹長到了我的窗前,仿佛是無言的大地發出饑渴的聲音。
32.
His own mornings are new surprises to God.
神感到自己的清晨無比新奇。
33.
Life finds its wealth by the claims of the world, and its worth by the claims of love.
世界的需求使生命富裕起來,愛情的需求使之價值連城。
34.
The dry river-bed finds no thanks for its past.
幹涸的河床,並不感謝它的往昔。
35.
The bird wishes it were a cloud. The cloud wishes it were a bird.
鳥兒願為一朵雲。雲兒願為一隻鳥。
36.
The waterfall sings, “I find my song, when I find my freedom.”
瀑布歌唱著:“我得到自由時,也就有了歌聲。”
37.
I cannot tell why this heart languishes in silence. It is for small needs it never asks, or knows or remembers.
我不懂這心為何靜默地忍受煎熬。 它是為了那不曾要求、不曾知曉、不曾記得的小小需求。
38.
Woman, when you move about in your household service your limbs sing like a hill stream among its pebbles.
女人,你在料理家務的時候,你的手腳歌唱著,宛如山澗溪流歌唱著從卵石中流過。
39.
The sun goes to cross the western sea, leaving its last salutation to the East.
當太陽橫穿西海時,在東方留下他最後的致意。